SALE FAIL

If you're like me, you're a creature of habit.

And creatures of habit notice when things change.

So it was when I went to a website where I've been ordering the same refill for my weekly calendar that I've ordered year after year. After year.

What was different this time? The company's website now required me to REGISTER before I could BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM.

And this was no simple registration process -- it's easier to get a Passport than to fill this crazy form out. 

Fail.

Fail.

Fail.

I tried to bypass the process, but it would let me go no further than the checkout page.

I tried entering anything just to complete the form, but I was outsmarted by the website again.

It was like being in the online equivalent of a full-Nelson in wrestling: I couldn't move.

Why would a company PREVENT you from buying something from them? 

I have no idea, but I found the same item through Amazon.com for less and bought it right away.

In a sluggish economy, there's no reason to BLOCK people from buying from you. Check out your web stats and see how many people bail out of your buying pages before completing the sale. 

Do EVERYTHING you can to remove obstacles to buying. 

And cherish every person who parts with their cash to buy your beautiful jewelry.

I will never go back to the original seller's site again to try to buy. Because buying shouldn't be that trying. 

Now go make something great!

Labels: , , , ,