Is your jewelry ready to fly off the shelves?

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I'm a hard-nosed, practical and common-sense person.

I'm also superstitious.

I don't walk under ladders, open umbrellas inside or go out a different door than I came in.

And I think that a lot of jewelry marketing has an element to it that's not exactly explained by observable phenomena.

For example, I often get sales after doing a marketing campaign, but not necessarily from the people I marketed to. How does that happen? I believe strongly that when you put your focus outward, you connect with people you weren't necessarily targeting.

The message is broad and deep.

So, I recently removed some boxes and catalogs that were resting on top of pre-packed books and DVDs that I sell. What happened?

18 orders happened.

I believe that by covering up the products, I was creating a barrier to selling them.

And as soon as I removed those barriers, the products were ready to move off the shelves.

And they did.

Don't cover up your jewelry. Don't put your boxed jewelry in a closet.

Keep it somewhere easy to pick and pack.

If the world works the way I think it does, when you remove obstacles, your jewelry tends to take flight.

Now go make something great!

PS: Check out our new sponsor, DIYBangles to the right of this post. They have a terrific array of easily customizable products ...

Labels: , , ,