One of the most informative things you can do as a handcrafted jewelry maker and seller is to learn how others are marketing and selling their work.
And one of the most interesting ways to do that is to BUY something from another jewelry maker!
Do this online and you'll get a REAL sense of what their customers experience. Watch for these areas:
- was the site easy to use?
- were the photos clear and large or enlargeable?
- did the payment process go smoothly?
- were the payment options convenient, clear and secure?
- did you get a receipt right away for the purchase?
- were you offered the option to sign up for a mailing list?
- were you kept up to date with emails about shipping dates and confirmations?
When the jewelry is delivered, look for these issues:
- was it neatly packed in new packing materials and boxes?
- was there marketing material in the order?
- was a receipt included?
- was there a return policy?
If you HAVE bought from someone else simply to learn how other jewelry makers are marketing and selling their work, leave a comment (without mentioning who the other jewelry maker was) and tell us what you liked or didn't like about the experience.
Was it worthwhile?
Would you do it again?