Should You Send the Same Marketing Piece More Than Once?

Question:

I recently sent out a direct mail postcard to showcase my work. I still have about 200 or more leftover postcards A friend of mine was advised by his marketing company to send the same card three times. My question to you: Is it advisable i to send the same card again?

Answer:

Some people recommend sending the same card out more than one time under the presumption that fewer than half of the people you send it to may actually read it.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't waste the money by sending them out again to the same list. I would keep a database of who you mailed to and track the response.

Send NEW cards regularly (quarterly for example) to each list. You'll start to get a feel for what lists are producing results and which ones don't. Use different cards so that you can also get a sense of which work the best!

Labels: , , , ,