It’s Really Me

A customer called me the other day, and I answered the phone.

Although this is a relatively simple behavior, my customer was amazed. “Is this really Dr. Weiman?” he asked.

“It is!” I replied. “You seem surprised by that.”

“I am,” he said. He went on to lament the fact that almost no one in American business answers their phones anymore. He told me that he had expected voicemail, and was surprised to get not only a live person, but me.

Although that is a sad commentary about the extremely poor level of customer service in most American companies, it tells you the importance of the personal connection that you have with your customers. And as a jewelry‐maker, the personal connection is key.

When your phone rings, I encourage you to answer it personally. You will surprise and delight people by doing that very simple thing.

Go make something great!

Take this fun quiz:

Are you signed up for my free newsletter?

A. Yes (that's great!)

B. No ... well, you're missing a TON of free information on selling your jewelry more effectively. I enjoy giving, and I hear it's better than receiving, but receiving this sales-boosting info feels awesome from what people tell me. So sign up for it here:

http://www.MarketingJewelry.com

You'll be glad you did!