How to Increase Guests at Home Parties

Q: When I host my own home jewelry shows, I am fairly successful at getting people from my own mailing list to show up (at the last one, 25 out of the 150 customers I invited came to the home show).

Here’s my question – my goal is to get more NEW prospects to come, but I don’t want to advertise it to the whole world. Any suggestions?

A: If you’re doing these at your own home, then you can offer an incentive to invitees to bring up to three friends to the event. The incentive can be a percent off, a free gift, or something else.

You can also send two invitations to each person, encouraging them to offer one to a friend or relative. Consider using an online invitation service, like http://www.evite.com/ to track how many people are responding to the invitations, too.If someone else is hosting, then offer to print and mail the invitations (or send them by e‐mail) to their list, so that you can control that step in the process.

Either way, make sure at the event that you collect the names of customers and prospects who would like to learn about future events.

An idea that I really like is asking those you’ve invited to tell you if there’s anyone they’d like you to invite on their behaf. They simply send you those names, and you send the invitation for them!

That ensures that you’re in control of the process, and it makes it easy for the original invitee to include friends to join the party!

Labels: , , , ,